Saturday, February 3, 2007

To Market


Welcome to the camel market! (and anything else you could possibly want in Niger). We went to this market just out of Madaoua on Saturday, which is the market day, and this one is the largest animal market in the area. There were so many people, and so much noise, and so many smells - anyone desiring personal space better not go here! It is such a maze to get through, and being directionally-challenged, there is no way I would have ever found my way out without help. When we got to the cows and camel section, a lady noticed me looking at this group of camels tied up and grabbed my hand in an attempt (I think) to pet the nose of the camel. For anyone who is aware of a camel's personality, this did not make me feel that comfortable, what with the gigantic teeth very present to my very apprehensive hand. I quickly disengaged myself, as politely as possible, and all the Nigerians around were having a good laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to the Janzen family,it looks like everyone having a Great time.I look forward to all the new adventures,you encounter.Keep the site going,God's Blessings to all Laverne